I had an excellent day today. I was shown around by Anna the accountant for the school. I think i now have a feel for the place well maybe. Everyday is like a roller coaster. One minute I think yes I am going to get used to this place then I freak out and think what the hell am I doing. In time I know I will get used to it. There are a lot of expacts here, it wont take long to meet friends. Already I have been to 2 parties. I am so naive I found out today that I should be careful about what I write in my emails and what photos I have on this blog. Just in case its being monitored. I also found out that there could be a bit of conflict during the next month or so. There is an evacuation procedure that's been put in place though. One of the teachers showed me her evacuation bag (just in case). In there, there was a berca for her to wear. Why? so that no one would know she was white. Thank god i have dark skin. I'm not at all worried though what will be will be. Don't you just love that phrase. On a brighter note today i ate a egg that was white inside. That's right the eggs over here do not have yellow yolk they are white and yes chickens lay them. I had to ask this question I thought maybe they came from a duck hmmm cant say Ive seen any ducks around though. Mum I had a little laugh today when I was at the supermarket. I thought it was funny that you said "make sure you eat plenty of fish"
I live in the desert the only fish you can get is frozen fish. Talking about food. The food over here is very expensive well that's imported food. Here is an example for a packet of cheese slices you will pay $26 NZ dollars. Hmmm lucky I am able to live on lentils and chickpeas. I also checked out jugs today. $80 NZ for a budget jug. I think I might just resort to a pot. I desperately want to take photos i have seen so many great photo opportunities. I am wondering if there is away around this. Its hard to describe what this place is like. Imagine this, hot dusty and in the middle of a war zone. Everything here looks old. One good thing though is that you don't see army men walking around with guns. Funny how we have opinions on things when we have never actually experienced it. I guess that is just our fear of the unknown. Well I think I may have to go now. Its Sunday today, first day of my new school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hey hans great to access your blog still muggy summer in nz 53 today for me saw lynn and brians blog again great stuff got email address today ianjonesthedude@gmail.com
ReplyDeletework going awesome asher coming next week and wants to feed the tapirs..the big piggy anteater looking things they are tame and their snouts are spongy and rubbery me off to wanganui again this weekend still 1 house empty some women troubles but thats expected eh.. hope you are having an awesome time your blog is excellent and love your apartment xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdadthedudexxxxxxxxxxx