Friday, February 13, 2009

Appreciating the Small Things in Life










I have been here nearly 2 weeks it feels like I have been here forever. It dawned on me today that I’ll be here for 2 years. I am not sure how I feel about that. I’ll tell you after a year. I have finally received my boxes it felt like I have been waiting forever. I was so excited it felt like Christmas. I realised how much you appreciate the small things in life. Here is an example. I went and brought a dish rack and a cake tin last week. I was so excited and can't say I would ever buy what I did in NZ. The dish rack was pink!! I am very happy with them.
I spent the day cleaning my house today. Wow did it take a long time. There was a coating of dirt on everything. There is dirt/dust everywhere here. Some days it seems like there is a fog of dust in your house. Mopping is a long process. I can't wait to go to Morocco I have wanted to go there for a long time now. I am saving my money so I can buy lots of art and jewellery of cause. Hmmm trying to think of what else I can write about my mind has gone blank. Today I made Dahl it was so yummy. Oh that's what I was going to write about. Do I have a strong accent because I may as well be speaking Chinese no one understands me very annoying ha. Well I think I may go will be back soon.

Last week we went to the American Embassy it was so nice having a swim. The river you can see is the Nile. I took those looking down from the Embassy. The salad is Kumera and Mango it was good!! I love the dates here. Image above.

No comments:

Post a Comment